About Our OrganizationThe Arkansas Society of CPAs (ASCPA) is an active professional organization of CPAs working together to improve the profession and serve the public interest.
With 100 years of service to the accounting profession, the mission of the ASCPA is to act on behalf of its members and to provide support in enabling its members to perform quality professional services while serving the public interest. To achieve its mission the ASCPA:
- 1. Promotes membership in the Society by all licensed CPAs.
- 2. Provides a forum for personal and professional interaction to exchange ideas and experiences.
- 3. Seeks to maintain the integrity of the CPA designation and the licensing process.
- 4. Supports requirements for maintaining and enhancing members' professional competence.
- 5. Provides standards of professional conduct and monitors performance to enforce the professional standards.
- 6. Promotes the services performed by CPAs which encompass the integrity, objectivity and competence in the profession.
- 7. Identifies and provides selected services to fulfill the needs of the diverse membership (industry conferences, personal financial planning, insurance and other programs).
- 8. Provides adequate and timely professional information to its members.
- 9. Provides a variety of high quality education opportunities to assist members in continuing professional expertise.
- 10. Represents the interests of its members to government, regulatory bodies, and other organizations for improved external relations.